A wide range of clinical pathology services are available at INA, conducted by experienced veterinarians (certified clinical chemists) and medical technologists.
- Simultaneous evaluation of complete blood counts (red blood cell counts, white blood cell counts, platelet counts, hemoglobin and hematocrit measurements), white blood cell differential counts and reticulocyte counts/ratios using a hematoanalyzer).
- Microscopic measurement of reticulocytes by supravital staining and calculation of white blood cell differential (ratio) in blood smears.
- Measurements of prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, fibrinogen and coagulation factor activities using a coagulator.
- D-dimer and fibrin/fibrinogen degradation product (FDP) measurements using commercial reagents.
- Measurement of platelet aggregation ability.
- Measurements of proteins, enzymes, low molecular weight nitrogenous compounds, glucose, lipids, electrolytes, pigments and novel biomarkers (GLDH).
Analysis of protein and lipid fractions, isozymes
- Measurements of protein fractions, lipid fractions (lipoprotein, CH, TG) and isozymes (ALP, LDH, CK) by agarose gel electrophoresis.
Toxicity biomarker analysis
- Various measurements (Troponin I, Clusterin, etc.) using commercially-available ELISA kits.
Bone biomarker analysis
- Various measurements (OC, PYD, DPD, NTX, CTX, etc.) using commercially-available ELISA kits.
Flow cytometric analysis of cell surface antigens
- Measurement of lymphocyte subsets (T cells (CD4 and CD8), B cells and NK cells) using a six-color flow cytometer.
Analysis of blood gases
- Analysis of blood gases (pH, O2, CO2).
- Analysis of parameters such as urine volume, color, specific gravity, osmotic pressure, qualitative and semiquantitation tests using reagent strips and quantitation of urinary electrolytes.
- Determination of urinary composition including protein and NAG.
- Immunological tests (Coombs’ test, etc.), fecalysis, hemolysis tests.