At INA, necropsy and histotechnology are performed by well-trained technicians, and histopathological examinations are performed by certified toxicological pathologists, veterinary pathologists and toxicologists. Furthermore, we schedule regular in-house educational seminars, taught by our esteemed advisor of pathology.
Prompt and accurate postmortem examinations
- Perfusion fixation
- Specific fixation of organs/tissues
- Preparation of specimens for light microscopy (routine preparation, serial sections, large sections of the brain, etc.)
- Preparation of specimens for electron microscopy (TEM)
- Preparation of frozen sections (cryostat)
- Special staining (PAS, PAM, iron, Masson trichrome, Azan Maroly, Elastica Van Gieson, fat, etc.)
- Immunohistochemical staining (immunoenzymatic technique)
- Examinations under light and electron microscopes
- General toxicity studies
- Specialty toxicity studies (irritation, etc.)
- Efficacy studies
- Disease models (arthritis, nephritis, etc.)
- INA will cooperate with the designated peer reviewer of your choice. Alternatively, the introduction of reliable and well-experienced peer reviewers is also possible. Conduct of the peer review process is stipulated in the study protocol, and all related records are stored as study data.
- INA pathologists can also peer-review studies carried out at other facilities.